Hello Five Fish Family!
2020 was a year to remember for so many reasons, and like many of you, we are grateful for the arrival of 2021. That being said, Five Fish Foundation, thanks to the essential support of our donors, volunteers, and Board members, accomplished some incredible things in 2020, exceeding many of our goals despite the global pandemic. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Approved 44 scholarships; a 132% increase from 2019
- Awarded over $35,000; a 254% increase from 2019
- Raised over $53,000 in donations; 205% increase from 2019
- Maintained $0 Foundation administrative costs (100% donor-funded)
- Opened office space in Mt. Pleasant with logo visible on I526 (100% donor-funded)
- Created Shredder Bees, a no-cost, HIPAA-compliant shredding company, providing internships for adults with special needs where they can learn basic job skills and practice socializing in professional settings. The shredding service is free, but tax-deductible donations to Five Fish Foundation are welcome.
As you can imagine, 2020 could not have possible without a tremendous amount of help. And as we move forward, we will need even more. We have set some grand goals this year and are already hard at work to achieve them. Our goals for 2021:
- Award 100 scholarships
- Double fund raising to $100,000
- Identify five corporate partners
- Add Board members and volunteers with marketing, financial, programing, and fundraising backgrounds
- Increase Shredder Bees awareness and offer additional internship opportunities to special needs adults
- Create our first Area Resource Center (ARC) and start programming for parent support groups and special needs social events
I am overjoyed, and somewhat astonished, at everything we have accomplished through Five Fish Foundation since our inception in Spring 2019. As we continue to grow, we will focus on fostering community and corporate support and involvement in our local special needs population. Additionally, we will continue work with families to help them obtain therapeutic services, products, and programs that insurance does not cover to promote Support, Care, Acceptance, Life Quality, and Education for special needs individuals in Charleston, Berkeley, and Dorchester counties, South Carolina.
Lisa L. Leask
Founder, Five Fish Foundation